Taught by: VIOLET LIN TRAN
Class Description: In this 3 hour mini-class, students will learn how to:
* create a wafer paper lotus flower
* create a stylized wafer paper rose
* easily create ombré coloured fondant/gum paste
* create V-Petal Ruffles from fondant/gum paste and apply to cake
* create perfect pinstripes with fondant/gum paste and apply to cake
* easily colour wafer paper without an edible printer or airbrush (time permitting)
Students are required to know how to cover a cake with fondant and will be provided with pre-covered styrofoam dummies to work with.
Supplies Needed: 2.5” Oval Cutter, 1/4" Strip Cutter, Craft Knife, Wheel Cutter, Scissors, 2 Sheets Wafer Paper per student, 1.5” Circle Craft Punch, 5” diameter round styrofoam dummy, 5” tall (4” height also ok), 6” diameter round styrofoam dummy, 5” tall (4” height also ok), 2 rulers per student, Cutting Mat, Fondant Smoother, Silicone Fondant Roller, Pointed Veining Tool (Dresden tool), Medium tipped brush (for adding glue or water), Wide brush (for coloring wafer paper), Petal Dust in Orange, Petal Dust in Yellow and 8” cake board.