Taught By: ELAINE DURAN
Class Description: In this 3 hour fondant class, Elaine will teach you, step by step, all the tips, tricks, and applications to make sure you build a sweet and solid fondant foundation and are ready to take your decorating skills to the next level.
The following techniques will be covered:
- How to work with fondant and gum paste properly and effectively
- How to cover your cake flawlessly in fondant
- Learn to color and flavor your fondant, scaling and mixing methods
- How to make 3D fondant bows A timeless decoration that will enhance any creation.
- Learn shelf life, preservation, proper handling, and how to work ahead.
- What NOT to do with fondant and how to fix mistakes.
- Learn how easy it is to paint on fondant
- How to construct fondant flowers
- The use of molds such as fonts, ribbons, ropes, pearls
- Texturing fondant and creating dimension
- Application of different decorating techniques such as crimping, embossing, quilting, etc.
- The use of various molds in creating quick cake decorations, pearls, borders, drapes and bows, ribbons, and ropes.
- An interactive class with Q&A and so much more! *Teens and Adults welcome*
Large rolling pin